Counselling Centre for Foreigners
the head of the CCF: Mgr. Klára Zachová
address: Cukrovarská 16, 301 00 Plzeň
telephone: 731 433 096
Counselling Centre opening hours:
Monday: 8:00 - 12:00; By Appointment Only 13:00 - 15:00
Tuesday: 8:00 - 12:00; 13:00 - 14:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 12:00; By Appointment Only 13:00 - 19:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 12:00; 13:00 - 14:00
Friday: 8:00 - 13:00
Naše služby podporuje Ministerstvo vnitra ČR, Plzeňský kraj, město Plzeň a Městský obvod Plzeň 3.
The mission of the Counselling Centre for Foreigners is to provide legal and social counselling to foreigners living on the territory of the Diocese Pilsen, who find themselves in a difficult personal situation, which they have no money or power to solve on their own. Another mission of the Counselling Centre is to build and develop relations between foreigners and mainstream society, and to increase their awareness.
- to enable foreigners to find a solution to any difficult personal situation, to increase their awareness, to promote their self-reliance and their orientation in the Czech social and institutional environment.
- to help foreigners with social integration into mainstream society, to use available resources, nets and services, and to live an ordinary life.
- to contribute to growing awareness of mainstream society, to aid equal approach to solving issues of foreigners living in the Czech Republic, and to draw attention to the shortfalls of legislative norms relating to foreigners.
Who is the Counselling Centre for?
Target group of service users:
- foreigners and refugees
- family members of foreigners and refugees
- Czech citizens with connections to foreigners
Where, when and how can you find us?
You can contact us by mail, e-mail, phone, or you are welcome to visit us personally at the Counselling Centre. You can visit our office without announcing your visit in advance during our opening hours. However, to avoid possible waiting, an advance telephone reservation is recommended.
What kind of services do we provide?
ambulatory service (right at the Counselling Centre)
field service (at user’s place, accompanying and language assistance at government offices and other public authorities)
Staff of the Counselling Centre (CCF):
Bc. Petra Štěpán Černá - cell phone: 731 433 071, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ing. Tatiana Mandíková - cell phone:731 433 023, e-mail: email@example.com
Zornitsa Yankova - cell phone: 731 591 891, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What services do we offer?
Foreigners and refugees can approach the Counselling Centre with following problems:
- social issues (entitlement to social benefits, issues related to social security, help in solving housing problems, job search assistance, etc.)
- legal counselling (assistance in residence permit processing - temporary residence, permanent residence, Czech citizenship, international security etc.); there is also available an external lawyer at the Counselling Centre
- health care (issues related to health insurance, assistance in finding a suitable doctor or a health facility, etc.)
- education (issues related to school attendance, Czech language courses, there is a free computer room available at the Counselling Centre, etc.)
- your rights violation (assistance in writing appeals, lawsuits, applications to the court and other papers, etc.)
- information about life in the Czech Republic
The CCF counselling includes following services:
- providing information and advice
- dealing with administrative issues (filling forms, writing appeals, lawsuits, etc.)
- accompanying users (to meetings with an employer, a quartermaster, to official meetings, etc.)
- active negotiation (with an employer, a quartermaster, an authority, etc.)
- handing over clients and giving them references
- mediating translation and interpreting
- material help in justified cases
Principles of provided services:
independent, impartial, safe, discreet, free, professional, open to all members of the target group, anonymous (if desired by a client)
Rules for service refusal:
- an applicant for service is not a member of the given target group, or requires any service which is not provided by the CCF;
- the daily capacity of the CCF has already been exceeded (in that case, the applicant will be offered to reschedule his/her appointment);
Rules for service termination on the part of a service user:
any time without any particular reason, after a user’s appointed goal has been achieved.
Rules for service termination on the part of the CCF:
after repeated frustration of mutually appointed goal on the part of a user, because of aggression (verbal of physical aggression), because of user’s intoxication with alcohol or other narcotics, because of user’s mental incompetence for cooperation agreement conclusion.